Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hidden world











I went out the other morning to try and get a few sunrise pics. There is a beach with a lovely view of a mountain range that I know will look amazing with the right light on it. That light didn't come yet again so I don't have any pics worth sharing of the mountains. However, I love to set up well before the sun comes up and try to get a few long exposures done while I'm at the water. I really enjoy the silky feel to water when the shutter is left open for a long time.




The funny thing is I have been to this rocky shore many times waiting for light and spent countless hours looking around from my favorite little spot on the rocks. I had no idea that this was an historic military site and only a few feet away from me hidden by the hill was a huge area holding two massive canon mounts and several munitions bunkers.




I know the picture isn't great as far as colour and clarity but like I said the light didn't come and the photo is actually a photo merge of several shots. The area was quite big and I couldn't get the shot even at 18 mm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear anything you have to say about my photos. Love them? Hate them? Know what would have made them better?